Stainless Steel Nameplates and Data Plates
Rugged and Low-Maintenance
MPC’s custom stainless steel name plates and data plates are a popular selection due to their structural strength, low-maintenance properties and familiar luster. Used often for its superior performance in highly caustic and acidic environments, stainless steel also offers antibacterial properties, making it a preferred choice in the food industry. Stainless steel name plates also offer excellent resistance to scratches, dents and stains.
Graphics and copy may be screen printed or chemically etched with or without a color-fill. Expected exterior life is up to 20 years. Color options have limited UV resistance and are not recommended for long-term outdoor applications.
Why Choose MPC's Stainless Steel Nameplates?
- Highly resistant to chemicals, abrasion, solvents, corrosion and oxidation.
- Will withstand exterior exposure in the harshest environments, including extreme cold and heat, with an expected exterior life span of up to 20 years.
- Superior performance in highly caustic and acidic environments that would otherwise attack aluminum.
- Low maintenance expenditures in the form of repair and replacement costs.
- Excellent durability for outdoor applications
- Skillfully fabricated in our machine and print shops to your design specifications.
- Graphics and copy may be screen-printed or chemically etched with or without a color-fill.
|Material:||Stainless steel .024" face stock standard (optional thicknesses include .014", .018", .024", .030", .036", .048", .060", .078", .090", .105", .120") Note: thicknesses will vary with alloy.|
|Finishes:||Standard #4 (brushed finish).|
|Attachment:||Permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive and/or holes for mechanical attachment.|
|Copy/Graphics:||Many fonts and design elements are available, as well as your company logo.|
|Colors:||Color options available. Note: Colors have limited UV resistance. Not recommended for long-term outdoor use.|
|Standard Sizes:||Standard and custom sizes are available.|
|Shipment:||20-25 working days from receipt of order and approval of artwork. Expedited shipment is available for an additional charge.|
Benefits of Custom Stainless Steel Nameplates
Stainless steel is an excellent substrate for nameplates due to its durability and numerous options for custom printing and design. Many companies utilize stainless steel nameplates printed with high precision graphics to mark their products and equipment. These are a few of the benefits important benefits that stainless-steel provides as a nameplate substrate:
- Chemical resistance. Stainless steel has excellent resistance to both caustic and acidic chemicals, which makes it well suited for a wide variety of industrial applications. In addition to chemicals, it is also highly resistant to stains and other potential sources of surface damage. The strong surface helps preserve the integrity of the nameplate graphics in the event of unexpected exposure to harsh conditions.
- Outdoor product life. Finding materials that can withstand harsh outdoor conditions for extended periods of time can be difficult. Stainless steel remains one of the most popular substrates for nameplates designed for use in outdoor environments. It can withstand exposure to extreme temperatures, moisture, and other environmental contaminants such as sand. Stainless steel nameplates have an expected outdoor lifetime of up to 20 years, making it one of the most durable materials you can use for outdoor applications.
- Impermeable surface. The surface of stainless steel is incredibly dense, which makes the metal resistant to scratches and other sources of abrasion. Stainless steel’s impermeable surface also means that the metal is extremely clean and therefore resistant to bacteria and other microbes. Even after extended use in challenging conditions, stainless steel nameplates offer clear readability and maintain their integrity quite well.
- High-quality graphics. The design for a stainless-steel nameplate can be either screen printed onto the surface or created with a chemical etching process. Both of these choices offer a permanent solution for producing a readable surface that will last. You can also add color to your designs for a more unique look, which is often desired for product nameplates and other custom-designed applications. Color graphics are less UV-resistant than a black and white design but still retain all the other benefits of stainless steel listed above.
Common Use Cases for Stainless Steel Nameplates
- Marine equipment
- Offshore drilling
- Aircraft components
- Food processing
- Hospitals and medical equipment
- Mining equipment
- Heavy industry
- Cranes and lifts
- Food Processing. Because stainless steel is such a dense metal, it is resistant to contamination, easy to clean, and a very poor environment for bacteria and other living organisms to survive. This antimicrobial nature of the surface makes stainless steel the standard material of choice for food processing equipment and an excellent option for nameplates used to identify these components. Because the food industry also has a large number of regulations designed to keep consumers safe, there are requirements for marking and identifying many areas of the typical food processing factory and warehouse. Using a stainless-steel nameplate ensures that you can avoid any contamination and maintain a high level of cleanliness.
- Hospital & Medical Equipment. Stainless steel is also an excellent choice for marking hospital equipment and medical device labeling for many of the same reasons it’s well-suited for food processing environments. Its impermeable surface offers excellent bacterial resistance, and stainless steel is also resistant to chemicals, abrasion, and solvents, so it can withstand the frequent cleaning necessary in sanitary hospital environments.
- Heavy Industry. In the trucking industry, there are certain situations where stainless steel makes a great choice for constructing large trailers as compared to aluminum. This is another example that demonstrates the superior strength of stainless steel. Stainless steel nameplates offer a great balance between cost and durability and are a preferred solution for applications where performance is critical.