Custom Panels and Faceplates
Rugged Front Panels Built to Last in Harsh Environments
MPC’s front and back panels are all about protection – shielding equipment that operates in light or heavy industrial environments from all kinds of weather, chemicals, cleaning products and extreme temperatures.
Equally as important, our front panels remain readable for the life of the part, with the kind of durability that helps them meet many Department of Defense and aerospace specifications, as well as other industry standards.
Your panels are manufactured using advanced printing and fabrication processes. Features are dictated by your specifications – metal or plastic; forming or bending; mounting with studs, adhesives or fasteners; machine countersink and counter bore holes, and more.
Front Panels and Faceplates
Front Panels and Faceplates
Our most durable and popular material for front panels, providing extreme durability in virtually any environment.
A full-color digital printing process that is sub-surface printed into anodized aluminum for superior durability and resistance to harsh elements.
An ideal choice for use in the aircraft/aeronautical, automotive, marine and military industries, with an anodized surface with built-in protective finish.
A lightweight yet strong material that is easily formed, aluminum is a popular choice for front panels because of its machinability and versatility.
A dense metal with exceptional resistance to chemicals, corrosion, and high temperatures; ideal for use in marine, heavy industrial and food processing applications.
High mechanical strength and superior optical clarity, used often in industrial controls, medical equipment, commercial and household appliances as well as other electronics.
A lightweight yet strong material that is easily formed, aluminum is a popular choice for supportive back panels because of its machinability and versatility.
A low-weight metal with high strength, durability, and corrosion resistance.
Benefits of Custom Front Panels
Custom front panels are often chosen to create a durable and permanent display on equipment and device surfaces. Metal substrates can be chosen to create panels that will be used in demanding applications and harsh environments. Plastic panels are often machined for control panels and other commercial and household applications, including electronic equipment displays. Custom front panels offer the following important benefits:
- Customized layout. Engineers and technicians are often tasked with setting up many pieces of equipment that must be integrated and operated in a seamless way. Custom control panels are a great way to clearly organize the many buttons, knobs, and control layouts they may be working with. They can design the exact configuration they desire and determine the physical size and exact functionality needed. The use of custom control panels is a precise way to streamline a complex layout in a central control room or even for displays on individual complex pieces of equipment.
- Durability. A custom front panel offers a permanent solution that is far more durable than any temporary labeling. Choosing a durable panel gives you confidence that the panel can withstand the wear and tear of daily use and the information will remain readable and accessible to those who need it.
- Choice of materials. Equipment manufacturers and operators can choose to fabricate their custom panels from a number of metal and plastic substrates. A custom front panel that can be matched to the expected environment and level of wear helps ensure that it will remain readable and in usable condition, without fading over time.
Common Uses for Front Panels
Custom front panels are used in a variety of applications, such as:
- Stainless steel front panels for food processing. The food industry has very strict regulations for cleanliness, and all equipment utilized in these facilities must achieve certain standards. Stainless steel is a clean and durable metal that is very frequently used in these environments. Custom front panels are used in a wide variety of applications in the food processing industry, including the identification of equipment controls.
- Metalphoto® custom panels for defense and aerospace industries. The military and aerospace industries represent some of the most demanding conditions for equipment operation. When you combine this with the fact that there is also a very high requirement for reliability, many of these companies turn to Metalphoto® custom panels. Metalphoto® is the most durable substrate that is offered and can be used for applications such as aircraft control paneling that must meet the most rigorous of standards and certifications.
- Polycarbonate panels for electronic and audio/video equipment. Custom panels are commonly used in media and production locations to operate a wide variety of individual components. Many companies choose polycarbonate custom panels, which provide a good balance of cost and durability that is suitable for these environments. Other applications that are well-suited for these panels can be found in the IT industry, which must often maintain data centers and other complex electronic equipment layouts.