Custom Metal Number Tags
Designed to Last the Life of Your Product
MPC’s custom metal number tags are manufactured to contain whatever information your tag requires – from bold text to detailed schematics to variable barcoded data.
Typically constructed of Metalphoto® photosensitive anodized aluminum, our metal number tags are used in applications where permanent product or process identification is critical. Metalphoto’s durability comes from its image which is sealed inside of the anodized aluminum, providing superior resistance to corrosion, sunlight degradation, abrasion, extreme temperatures and chemical exposure.
Any of our metal number tags can be paired with a high-performance pressure-sensitive 3M adhesive. Whether you want to attach adhesive metal number tags to metal, plastic, wood, or any other product or equipment surface, our engineers will help select the right self-adhesive metal number tag for your application and budget. Non-adhesive, mechanical attachment methods are also available.
Why Choose MPC’s Custom Metal Number Tags?
- Customized to the size, shape, thickness and information you need.
- Provides superior resistance to chemicals, abrasion, solvents, extreme temperatures and UV.
- Expected exterior life of 20+ years. Color options are less resistant to UV.
- Silver-colored face stock is high-contrast and easy to read.
- High-performance adhesive and/or holes for mechanical attachment.
- Available with constant or variable data.
|Material:||Photosensitive anodized aluminum face stock (optional thicknesses .003”, .005”, .008”, .012”, .020”, .032”, .063”, .090”, .125”).|
|Finishes:||Matte – Non-reflective w/flat finish; Satin – Lustrous semi-reflective material; #4 – Brushed to resemble a stainless steel finish; Gloss – Highly reflective, mirror-like. Note: Finish options may vary by material thickness.|
|Attachment:||Permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive and/or holes for mechanical attachment.|
|Copy/Graphics:||Many fonts and design elements are available, as well as your company logo.|
|Colors:||Black graphics on silver background or silver graphics on black background; color options available. Note: Colors other than black possess limited UV resistance.|
|Standard Sizes:||Standard and custom sizes.|
|Shipment:||15 working days from receipt of order and approval of artwork. Expedited shipment is available for an additional charge. Foil thicknesses require 15-20 working days.|
Benefits of Metal Number Tags
MPC’s metal number tags offer a number of benefits that suit a variety of applications. Here are just a few of the benefits of custom metal number tags.
- Excellent durability. Metalphoto® metal number tags offer excellent resistance to corrosion, abrasion, sunlight degradation, extreme temperatures, and chemicals and solvents, making them ideal for use in harsh indoor and outdoor environments. Note that color graphics are less resistant to UV.
- Expected lifetime of 20+ years. When manufactured with Metalphoto and printed with black graphics, custom metal number tags have an expected exterior lifespan of more than 20 years, remaining readable throughout the lifespan of your assets. That means you won’t need to invest in costly and time-consuming number tag replacements.
- Customizable. Whether you need sequential metal number tags, metal serial number tags, or identification tags with numbers and variable barcode data, MPC’s engineers will work with you to select the most appropriate materials, graphic options, finishes, and attachment methods to meet your specifications.
Common Use Cases for Metal Number Tags
Thanks to their excellent durability in both indoor and outdoor environments, MPC’s metal number tags can be used for a variety of applications.
- Product identification. One of the most common use cases for metal number tags is product identification. By tagging each asset with a unique identification number, organizations can more effectively track and monitor assets.
- Inventory management. Assets tagged with durable metal number tags support efficient inventory management by streamlining data collection and reducing human error in documentation.
- Compliance verification. Metal number tags are often used to permanently mark an asset or piece of equipment with the date it was manufactured, inspected, or audited to determine compliance with regulations.
- Marking valves, wires, cables, or other items. Metal number tags offer the durability needed to provide permanent identification and compliant marking for cables and wires, pipes, valves, and other assets.