The Choice for Superior Abrasion Resistance
MPC’s engraved nameplates offer excellent resistance to a variety of common conditions in indoor and outdoor applications, such as extreme temperatures, chemicals and solvents, abrasion, and corrosion. Depending on your requirements and application specifications, engraved nameplates can be a cost-effective alternative to Metalphoto for certain applications. Please consult MPC for more information.
MPC’s engraved nameplates have screen printed graphics that are sealed beneath the anodic layer, offering added durability. Edges and holes are fabricated in accordance to part design after the imaging process and therefore are not anodized. Customers can opt for a secondary process for thicknesses of .063″ or more to anodize, alodine, or paint these edges to provide added protection and durability.
Why Choose MPC's Custom Engraved Nameplates?
- Graphics are screen-printed and sealed beneath the anodic layer for increased durability.
- Black graphics offer an expected exterior life of up to 10 years; color options have limited UV resistance and are not recommended for long-term outdoor applications.
- Superior resistance to abrasion, chemicals, solvents, and extreme temperatures.
- High-performance adhesives and/or holes for mechanical attachment.
- Skillfully fabricated in our machine and print shops to your design specifications.
|Material:||Anodized aluminum .020" face stock standard (optional thicknesses .003", .005", .008", .012", .032", .063", .090", .125").|
|Finishes:||Matte (non-reflective w/flat finish), Satin (lustrous semi-reflective material), #4 (brushed to resemble a stainless steel finish), Gloss (highly reflective, mirror-like). Note: #4 starts at .032" thickness; Gloss is available in .020" only.|
|Attachment:||Permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive and/or holes for mechanical attachment.|
|Copy/Graphics:||Many fonts and design elements are available, as well as your company logo.|
|Colors:||Color options available. Note: Colors have limited UV resistance. Not recommended for long-term outdoor use.|
|Standard Sizes:||Standard and custom sizes up to 24" x 40".|
|Shipment:||15 working days from receipt of order and approval or artwork. Expedited shipment is available for an additional charge. Foil thicknesses require 15-20 working days.|
Benefits of Engraved Nameplates
Engraved nameplates offer both aesthetic appeal and durability, so they can be used for both decorative and functional purposes. Here are just a few of the benefits MPC’s engraved nameplates offer:
- Cost-effective. For certain applications, engraved nameplates offer a cost-effective alternative to Metalphoto. MPC’s experts will guide you through every step of the design process to ensure that your engraved nameplates meet your specifications.
- Excellent resistance to common environmental conditions. MPC’s engraved nameplates offer excellent resistance to extreme temperatures, abrasion, chemicals, solvents, and corrosion, making them practical for use in applications where these issues are a concern.
- Sealed graphics offer added durability. MPC’s engraved nameplates feature screen-printed graphics that are sealed beneath the anodic layer for enhanced durability.
- Expected exterior life up to 10 years. MPC’s engraved nameplates offer an expected exterior lifespan of 10 years, allowing their use for both indoor and outdoor applications.
Common Use Cases for Engraved Nameplates
Offering excellent resistance to corrosion, abrasion, chemicals and solvents, and extreme temperatures, MPC’s engraved nameplates can be used in a variety of indoor and outdoor applications.
- Decorative nameplates. Decorative use cases are probably the first thing that comes to mind for most people when thinking of engraved nameplates, MPC’s engraved nameplates can be used for decorative purposes as well as those requiring more robust durability.
- Vehicle nameplates. Engraved nameplates are an excellent choice for vehicle nameplates and trailer nameplates, offering the durability to withstand the typical operating conditions in a transportation or fleet environment.
- Industrial applications. MPC’s engraved nameplates can be used for industrial applications, such as engines and pumps and commercial HVAC drives and generators, thanks to their excellent resistance to abrasion, chemicals, solvents, extreme temperatures, and corrosion.
- Manufacturing applications. Equipment nameplates used for manufacturing applications must be able to withstand abrasion, heat, hydraulic fluid exposure, and corrosion, requiring a durable namplate that’s up to the task. With crisp graphics sealed beneath an anodic layer of aluminum, MPC’s engraved nameplates ensure readability throughout the lifespan of your assets.