Ideal For Harsh Environments or Lending a Striking Appearance
MPC’s brass nameplates are a popular choice for industrial and decorative applications, where their familiar rich luster and striking appearance lend elegance and durability. Brass nameplates can be polished to a near mirror-like appearance or given a satin (slightly brushed) finish. Brass is a robust and malleable metal that performs well in indoor and outdoor environments, offering excellent resistance to saltwater, corrosion, tarnish, chemicals and solvents, as well as extreme temperatures. Additionally, it is a metal often used in applications where explosive elements are present, as it will not generate sparks.
Graphics and copy may be screen printed or chemically etched with or without a color-fill. Expected exterior life is up to 20 years. Color graphics have limited UV resistance and will gradually degrade over long periods of exposure to sunlight; therefore, long-term outdoor applications are not recommended.
Why Choose MPC's Brass Nameplates?
- Offers interior and exterior durability with a decorative edge.
- Skillfully fabricated in our machine and print shops to your design specifications.
- An expected exterior lifespan of up to 20 years.
- Excellent resistance to saltwater, corrosion, tarnish, chemicals, solvents and extreme cold and heat.
- High-performance adhesives and/or holes for mechanical attachment.
|Material:||Brass face stock (thicknesses from .014" to .062").|
|Finishes:||Polished (mirror-like finish) or Satin (brushed finish).|
|Attachment:||Permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive and/or holes for mechanical attachment.|
|Copy/Graphics:||Many fonts and design elements are available, as well as your company logo.|
|Colors:||Color options available. Note: Colors have limited UV resistance. Not recommended for long-term outdoor use.|
|Standard Sizes:||Standard and custom sizes are available.|
|Shipment:||20-25 working days from receipt of order and approval of artwork. Expedited shipment is available for an additional charge.|
Benefits of Brass Nameplates
Brass is often chosen as a nameplate substrate because it offers a distinctive look compared to many other types of metal such as aluminum or stainless steel. The golden, yellow to orange color of the surface can be polished for shine or brushed for a matte finish. Brass is also affordable and provides an excellent background for printed text and graphics. Many customers like the clean and professional look of brass nameplates. Here are a couple of other important reasons that brass is often chosen:
- Decorative. Brass has a unique golden color that comes from the mixture of copper and zinc that is used to create it. As a result, there are few other metal choices that can give such a decorative and polished look. Since brass can also be printed with high resolution graphics, it is often used to create nameplates that are meant to be seen and appreciated.
- Corrosion resistance. Brass can withstand many harsh environments and is therefore used for indoor and outdoor nameplates alike. It is a soft metal and can be prone to marks from abrasion, so it makes a better choice for decorative nameplates. For situations requiring maximum strength, a substrate such as Metalphoto® may be more appropriate. (Learn more about Metalphoto® aluminum nameplates here.) That said, brass does have excellent durability and can last for up to 20 years in outdoor environments and is resistant to chemicals, solvents, and extreme temperatures.
Common Uses for Brass Nameplates
Brass nameplates are versatile and can be found in commercial, industrial, and consumer applications.
Individual designers and manufacturers will typically select brass when they want a nameplate to be noticeable and strong enough to last for many years. This unique combination of durability and aesthetics makes brass nameplates a popular choice for the following applications:
- Brand and identification. Brass nameplates look great when they are used to identify important information on appliances or other equipment. They can be fabricated as branded nameplates to capture the model number, serial number, or other important manufacturing specifications for a product. These nameplates look especially sharp when black printing is done onto the brass substrate to create a nice and simple contrast.
- Corporate nameplates. For some added color, brass nameplates also make a good choice for desk nameplates or corporate signs that can be placed in an office environment. They have a classic look, and color can also be added to the nameplates. Adding a company logo to designs gives you the ability to create a nameplate that captures the look and feel you desire.
- Plaques and awards. Because brass is a malleable metal, it can be cut and formed into unique shapes that are perfect for plaques or other decorative items. Brass nameplates can be permanently attached to a wood or metal base with adhesive or by mechanical means, such as bolts. Any situation that requires a nameplate to look especially nice would benefit from selecting a brass substrate.