Custom Aluminum Front Panels
The Metal Choice That’s Durable and Lightweight
Aluminum Front Panels are a popular choice for front panels because of their low density and ability to resist corrosion. A lightweight yet strong metal, aluminum is easily machined and formed because it is softer than anodized aluminum. Its familiar silvery-white color offers great contrast and readability with nearly any color.
Aluminum front panels are available with a one-part or two-part panel construction. A one-part panel construction uses just one thick sheet of aluminum containing graphic elements and is fabricated to your panel design using one or more of the processes in our machine and print shops. A two-part panel construction is engineered from a thin sheet of aluminum with graphic elements, which is then affixed to an identically fabricated thicker supporting aluminum or stainless steel back panel.
Why Choose MPC’s Aluminum Front Panels?
- Durable, lightweight and malleable.
- High resistance to corrosion and oxidation. Moderate abrasion resistance; an optional protective coating can increase resistance to abrasion.
- Durable enough to withstand even the harshest of outdoor conditions, such as extreme cold and heat. Color graphics have limited UV resistance.
- Expected exterior life of up to 10 years.
- High-performance adhesives and/or holes for mechanical attachment.
- Graphics may be screen-printed or chemically etched with our without a color-fill.
- Precision fabrication in our machine and print shops to your design specifications in thicknesses ranging from .003” to .125”.
|Material:||Aluminum face stock (optional thicknesses .003”, .005”, .008”, .012”, .020”, .032”, .063”, .090”, .125”)|
|Finishes:||Matte (non-reflective w/flat finish), Satin (lustrous semi-reflective material), #4 (brushed to resemble a stainless steel finish), Gloss (highly reflective, mirror-like). Note: Finish options may vary by material thickness.|
|Fabrication:||Advanced tooling for precision fabrication capabilities including milling, countersink and counterbore holes, bending/forming, stud insertion, stand-offs, permanent pressure-sensitive adhesives, and more.|
|Copy/Graphics:||Many fonts and design elements are available, as well as your company logo.|
|Colors:||Color options available. Note: Colors have limited UV resistance. Not recommended for long-term outdoor use.|
|Standard Sizes:||Standard and custom sizes.|
|Shipment:||15 working days from receipt of order and approval or artwork. Expedited shipment is available for an additional charge. Foil thicknesses require 15-20 working days.|
Benefits of Aluminum Panels
Aluminum is one of the most versatile metals that is used for panel fabrication and can be ordered in a wide variety of configurations. The choice of aluminum for front panels offers a number of benefits, such as:
- Lightweight. For such a durable material, aluminum still provides excellent malleability and is available in a variety of thicknesses. Panels can be molded to fit the unique contours of the equipment and match well with the surface profile.
- Readability. Aluminum panels can be created with a one-part or two-part construction, both of which offer excellent resolution and readability. Graphics, finishes, and colors can be customized to meet the unique needs of an application and create a cohesive aesthetic.
- Impact resistance. Compared to many other substrates, aluminum has excellent general impact resistance and can be strengthened with additional processing. Anodized aluminum, such as Metalphoto®, is processed aluminum that’s extremely durable and can last up to 20 years even in harsh environments. Aluminum is a great choice for any paneling applications that expect a large amount of grinding, scraping, or impact from other environmental or operating conditions.
Common Uses for Aluminum Panels
Aluminum panels are selected for use in applications across a wide variety of industries. The specifications for each panel will depend on the intended use, but in general, aluminum provides a nice balance of durability, customization options, and cost. Here are a few of the common uses for aluminum panels across various industries:
- Heavy industry and transportation. Aluminum is a major component used in the manufacturing of large trailers used in the shipping industry. It is often chosen for its light weight, strength, and long operating lifetime under strenuous conditions. Using panels that are of similar or greater strength to your underlying equipment helps to ensure that your panels will last throughout the expected lifespan of the equipment.
- Warehousing and factory environments. Many businesses operate under strict regulations and have well-defined processes within their warehouses and factories. An important part of effective facility management is the labeling of important operation and safety-related information. In many cases, these notifications are permanent and part of the daily workflow in these settings. Aluminum panels offer a useful way to affix important information directly to the equipment surface and make it easier for operators to work with the controls.
- Aerospace and defense industries. Military, defense, and aerospace applications often require some of the most durable equipment that is available. The controls for these components must be readable at all times with panels that are often fabricated to meet the same important industry standards. Control panels must be durable and reliable, and anodized aluminum and Metalphoto® are often chosen for the most demanding applications due to their excellent strength.
- Offshore marine cranes. Conditions on the open ocean are extreme. Equipment that is designed for offshore use must meet rigorous standards and withstand the sunlight, salt spray, and weather patterns that can be unpredictable and harsh. Marine cranes are operated under very demanding work conditions, and companies often choose Metalphoto® as the substrate for their marine crane control panels. It offers excellent durability, customization, and the ability to meet the many specifications required for marine applications.