Proclaimed the Most Durable Overlays Available
MPC’s Metalphoto Overlays are our most durable and popular solution for panel overlays. Graphics are sealed beneath a sapphire-hard anodic layer, creating an impenetrable surface that is resistant to extreme heat, humidity, long-term exposure to weather, UV and other outdoor conditions, salt spray and abrasion. The National Association of Graphic and Product Identification Manufacturers (GPI) Industry Standards and Practices Manual identifies Metalphoto photosensitive anodized aluminum as the most durable printed aluminum substrate available, citing its applicability for extreme environmental conditions and outdoor exposure. Metalphoto overlays function perfectly for years, maintaining their original appearance even under the harshest conditions.
Metalphoto is the specified material for many military standards and aerospace applications.
Metalphoto overlays are used as the front panel of a one-part panel overlay or two-part panel construction. A one-part panel overlay is engineered from one sheet of Metalphoto (thicknesses from .003″ to .125″) with graphic elements and is fabricated to your design using one or more processes in our machine and print shops. A two-part panel overlay construction is engineered from a thinner sheet of Metalphoto with graphic elements, which is then affixed to an identically fabricated thicker supporting aluminum or stainless steel back panel.
Why Choose MPC's Metalphoto Overlays?
- Retain original appearance even under years of exposure to extreme heat, humidity, UV, salt spray, abrasion, industrial solvents, chemicals and more.
- Photosensitive anodized aluminum face stock seals images beneath a sapphire-hard anodic layer for maximum durability.
- Highest graphics resolution available on high-contrast black or silver background.
- Specified for many military standards and aerospace applications.
- Proclaimed as the most durable aluminum substrate by the National Association of Graphic and Product Identification Manufacturers (GPI). Expected exterior life is 20+ years. Color options possess limited UV resistance.
- Skillfully fabricated in our machine and print shops to your design specifications.
- After fabrication, edges and holes of the finished parts are not anodized; in panels .063" or thicker, edges can be anodized, alodined or painted for increased durability and protection.
- Ideal for variable information.
|Material:||Photosensitive anodized aluminum face stock (optional thicknesses .003", .005", .008", .012", .020", .032", .063", .090", .125").|
|Finishes:||Matte (non-reflective with flat finish), Satin (lustrous semi-reflective material), #4 (brushed to resemble a stainless steel finish), Gloss (highly reflective, mirror-like). Note: #4 starts at .032" thickness; Gloss is available in .020" only. See Metalphoto finishes.|
|Fabrication:||Advanced tooling for precision fabrication capabilities including milling, countersink and counterbore holes, bending/forming, stud insertion, stand-offs, permanent pressure-sensitive adhesives, and more.|
|Copy/Graphics:||Many fonts and design elements are available, as well as your company logo.|
|Colors:||Black graphics on silver background or silver graphics on black background; color options available. Note: Colors other than black possess limited UV resistance.|
|Standard Sizes:||Standard and custom sizes up to 24" x 40".|
|Shipment:||15 working days from receipt of order and approval of artwork. Expedited shipment is available for an additional charge. Foil thicknesses require 15-20 working days.|