Durable Metal Tags and Labels for Equipment
Exceptional Durability for Pre-Printed Data or On-Site Marking
MPC’s Metal Tags and Labels are the preferred choice for indoor and outdoor applications that require exceptional durability. We manufacture pre-printed metal labels and data plate blanks that are ideal for equipment tags and variable information labels because they meet many Department of Defense and aerospace specifications, as well as other industry standards for agriculture, construction, food service, manufacturing, marine, military, transportation, utilities, energy, and more.
Why Choose MPC's Metal Labels and Equipment ID Tags?
MPC Pre-Printed Metal Labels & Tags
MPC Metal Label & Tag Blanks
Custom Metal Tag and Printed Metal Equipment Label Choices Include:
Our most durable and popular material, the preferred choice for environments requiring extreme durability. Ideal for applications ranging from mild office environments to heavy industrial and military applications.
An ideal choice for use in the aircraft/aeronautical, automotive, marine and military industries, with an anodized surface with a virtually impenetrable protective finish that’s more durable than regular aluminum.
One label, unlimited uses. Perfect for asset destination or relocation, temporary storage or identification. Write information using a permanent marker or paint pen. Label wipes clean for re-use with isopropyl alcohol.
Benefits of Metal Labels
- Durability. Metal labels are generally stronger than those made of plastic materials and have excellent resistance to most harsh conditions such as extreme temperatures, UV, and saltwater exposure. Metalphoto® anodized aluminum labels and tags, our most durable material, can withstand ocean, high altitude, and desert environments with an expected outdoor lifespan of over 20 years.
- Return on Investment. Metal labels typically have exceptional shelf lives and don’t require frequent replacement. Aluminum is one of the most popular materials, and it’s also very affordable, especially in medium and high-volume applications. When comparing the useful life versus the cost for many applications, metal often provides the best overall value.
- Quality. Metal is not only durable, but it also makes for an excellent substrate to use for high-resolution graphics. Businesses can customize the label surface with their choice of fonts, icons, and barcodes to create labels that integrate seamlessly into their asset tracking workflows. Metal tags can also be attached to any surface using mechanical means or a permanent, pressure-sensitive adhesive.
Common Use Cases for Metal Tags
- Transportation. Metal tags are widely used in the transportation industry for several applications, including VIN tags, manufacturing nameplates, safety data plates, and operating and maintenance instruction plates. Transportation is subject to harsh environmental factors such as UV exposure, abrasion, extreme temperatures, corrosion, and chemical exposure, requiring durable metal labels that can resist damage from these environmental conditions. Metalphoto® labels can support variable information, including unique serial numbers, barcodes, and QR codes that enable tracking of transportation assets for a variety of business purposes. MPC labels are trusted by transportation industry leaders, and we have the expertise to select the right material and attachment method for your application, ensuring that each label remains affixed and readable for the life of the asset.
- Aerospace and Defense. The aerospace and defense industries must comply with rigorous regulatory standards to ensure asset and equipment identification and keep equipment safe and operating nearly continuously under difficult conditions. Leading companies, from manufacturers to end users, have chosen Metalphoto as the leading material for their labels that must conform to industry specifications. The use of these durable metal tags in aerospace and defense applications has been proven to achieve the desired level of durability and reliability for permanent asset identification and tracking in a study conducted by the U.S. Navy.
- Marine. The wind, salt, and water exposure prevalent for assets during ocean travel can cause damage to even the strongest ships and vessels. Metal ID tags and labels that have an anodized surface layer, such as Metalphoto or anodized aluminum, are a popular choice in marine applications due to this protective finish. Many marine labels and tags contain important safety, identification, and operational warnings that must remain legible under all conditions.
- Industrial & Chemical. Metal labels and tags are a critical component of asset tracking and inventory control systems in factories and warehouses. This is particularly true for operations that process or fabricate components in high heat conditions or using harsh chemicals. In some situations, metal tags are selected as a permanent marking solution for equipment. Other applications call for the use of blank metal labels that can be marked in the facility and used to process work-in-progress or finished goods.