Domed Labels & Tags
If you need your product identification to make a lasting impression, try MPC’s domed Labels & Tags. Clear liquid polyurethane is poured over the base material (typically polyester) to transform it into a 3D domed label that stands out from the crowd.
Polyester labels and tags are available in white, clear, and metalized finishes which can imitate chrome or gold, brushed metals such as stainless steel or aluminum, or a matte aluminum or chrome. The polyurethane resin is optically clear, abrasion resistant, won’t yellow over time, and has good UV and chemical resistance. Polyurethane can be produced with varying degrees of hardness and flexibility, depending on your project’s specifications.
|Material:||.002" polyester face stock.|
|Finishes:||Clear textured, matte, pigmented, metal, brushed metal, transparent colors.|
|Attachment:||Permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive.|
|Graphics/Copy:||Many fonts and design elements are available, as well as your company logo.|
|Colors:||Color options available.|
|Standard Sizes:||Wide selection of standard sizes; custom sizes also available.|
|Shipment:||20-25 business days.|
Benefits of Custom Domed Labels and Tags
Domed labels and tags have a distinctive and noticeable look when compared to many other label styles. They also have several important benefits that make them a popular choice for businesses. Using a domed label is a great way to add a professional and seamless marking to any product or item. Here are a few of the most notable benefits of custom domed labels and tags:
- Durability. The polyurethane coating that is used to fabricate a domed label helps protect the substrate, which is typically polyester, and graphic surface. For this reason, domed labels are UV, scratch, and temperature resistant and can also withstand exposure to some chemicals. The polyurethane resin is abrasion-resistant and optically clear, and it won’t yellow over time.
- Flexible Design. Creating a domed label involves selecting the graphics, colors, size, and finish for a customized and unique label design for your application. In addition, the hardness and flexibility of the polyurethane coating can be adjusted to provide just the right amount of hardness and flexibility to attach to the surface contours of your application. Custom domed labels and tags can also be produced at high volume for a reasonable cost, giving you the flexibility to meet your production and marketing needs.
- 3D Appearance. Custom domed labels and tags are available in white, clear, and metalized finishes that have a chrome or gold appearance, a brushed metal appearance such as aluminum or stainless steel, or a matte aluminum or chrome look. The surface of a domed label is an optically clear polyurethane resin that won’t yellow over time, creating a raised three-dimensional appearance and ensuring the crisp, bright underlying graphics remain visible. For these reasons, many companies choose an eye-catching domed label as a permanent marking for their products.
Common Use Cases for Domed Labels and Tags
Domed labels are most often used for applications in which you want the label to be noticed and appreciated. Across nearly any industry, domed labels or tags are placed on products to display company logos and other branding icons. The gloss finish and 3D appearance make these decorative labels especially eye-catching.
- Product Identification. Perhaps the most common use for domed labels is for identifying a product with a noticeable label. These labels can include a company logo or other graphics. Very few other label options give you such a unique appearance that can be perfectly matched to the surface of any item or piece of equipment.
- Brand Recognition. Domed labels are an excellent choice for applications in which easy brand identification is desirable. With customization options including various finishes, colors, fonts, and other design elements, custom domed labels enable companies to select the design features that complement the equipment with graphic elements in line with the company’s brand identity.
- Equipment Identification. Domed labels have a clear polyurethane resin poured over the base material that’s resistant to abrasion, UV, and chemicals and won’t yellow over time, making them an excellent choice for identifying equipment and other items requiring visual branding that can withstand these conditions.