Exceptionally Durable. Widely Specified. Always Readable.
MPC’s Vin Tags offer unmatched durability and graphic flexibility to some of the world leaders in transportation. The primary identification component for meeting DOT regulatory requirements, manufacturers are required to provide a VIN Tag that remains permanently attached and readable throughout the asset’s useful lifespan. The class of equipment requiring VIN Tags has a 20+ year operating life, requiring exceptionally durable VIN Tags that can withstand harsh operating environments.
MPC’s VIN Tags are typically constructed of Metalphoto®, the material of choice for the harsh operating conditions common in the transportation and shipping industry. Improving regulatory compliance and operational instruction, only Metalphoto® VIN Tags have proven to meet these demanding performance requirements. In survivability tests conducted by the U.S. Navy, Metalphoto earned more top scores than any of the other 70+ of the identification materials evaluated.
In MPC’s VIN Tags, the photographic image is sealed within the anodized aluminum, offering excellent resistance to corrosion, sunlight degradation, abrasion, extreme temperatures, and chemical exposure. MPC’s VIN Tags have an expected exterior lifespan of 20+ years.
Why Choose MPC’s VIN Tags?
- Retains original appearance even under years of exposure to extreme heat, humidity, UV, salt spray, abrasion, industrial solvents, chemicals and more.
- Photosensitive anodized aluminum face stock seals images beneath a sapphire-hard anodic layer.
- Specified for many military standards and aerospace applications.
- Proclaimed as the most durable aluminum substrate by the National Association of Graphic and Product Identification Manufacturers (GPI).
- Skillfully fabricated in our machine and print shops to your design specifications.
- High-performance adhesives and/or holes for mechanical attachment.
- Crisp high-contrast graphics provide excellent resolution on a black or silver background.
|Material:||Photosensitive anodized aluminum .020” or .032” face stock standard (optional thicknesses .003”, .005”, 008”, .012”, .020”, .032”, .063”, .090”, .125”).|
|Finishes:||Matte – Non-reflective w/flat finish; Satin – Lustrous semi-reflective material; #4 – Brushed to resemble a stainless steel finish; Gloss – Highly reflective, mirror-like. Note: #4 starts at .032" thickness; Gloss is available in .020" only.|
|Attachment:||Permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive and/or holes for mechanical attachment.|
|Copy/Graphics:||Many fonts and design elements are available, as well as your company logo.|
|Colors:||Black graphics on silver background or silver graphics on black background; color options available. Note: Colors other than black possess limited UV resistance.|
|Standard Sizes:||Standard and custom sizes up to 24” x 40”.|
|Shipment:||15 working days from receipt of order and approval of artwork. Expedited shipment is available for an additional charge. Foil thicknesses require 15-20 working days.|
Benefits of VIN Tags
As the key identification component for meeting DOT regulatory requirements, OEM Trailer and Chassis manufacturers are expected to provide a VIN tag that will remain permanently attached and fully legible/readable over the operating life of that asset. Due to the severe operating conditions and environments, combined with the 20+ year operating life of this class of equipment, only Metalphoto® VIN Tags have proven to be able to meet all these collective performance requirements. Here are just a few of the benefits of MPC’s durable Metalphoto VIN tags.
- Scores high in survivability tests. In a third-party evaluation of 70+ identification materials tested under 35+ environments and operating conditions, Metalphoto earned more top scores than any other identification material evaluated. Offering resistance to corrosion, abrasion, extreme temperatures, UV, and chemicals and solvents, MPC’s VIN tags can withstand the harsh operating conditions of many applications.
- 20+ year expected outdoor lifespan. A compliant VIN tag must remain readable throughout the useful life of an asset. With equipment in the transportation and shipping industry having a 20+ year operating life, you need a highly durable VIN tag that can withstand harsh environmental conditions without degradation or fading. MPC’s Metalphoto VIN tags offer an expected exterior lifespan of 20+ years to keep up with your equipment lifecycle.
- Experienced supplier. MPC is an experienced supplier of DOT-compliant VIN tags and other durable labels, tags, and signs that meet a variety of regulatory requirements, such as those related to US DOT numbers, GVWR, and other ratings and information. Our experienced engineers will work closely with you to select the best materials and design options that meet the unique needs of your application.
Common Use Cases for VIN Tags
MPC’s Metalphoto tags and labels have been proven with an extensive number of customers and 25+ year installations across the most demanding industry applications. Here’s a look at a few of the types of companies and industries that utilize VIN tags.
- OEM trailer and chassis manufacturers. These manufacturers must comply with a variety of regulations, including the NHSTA’s VIN tag requirements. Choosing MPC’s Metalphoto VIN tags offers confidence that your tags will be fully compliant and remain readable throughout the life of your assets.
- Transportation and logistics providers. Transportation and logistics providers operate a variety of vehicles, most of which require VIN tags and other identifying and rating data.
- Private fleet operators. Like transportation and logistics providers, private fleet operators must ensure that vehicles are appropriately tagged to ensure regulatory compliance. MPC’s VIN tags ensure compliance and can also support improved vehicle tracking and maintenance management.
No minimum quantity. Get a quote for any size job.
Get a quote for any size job – we have no minimum piece requirement. Our minimum production run is $400 per part number, excluding set-up fees/tooling. Contact us regarding your project.