Rating Plates & Serial Plates
Exceptionally Durable. Widely Specified. Always Readable.
Rating plates and serial plates (also known as serial plates, data plates, placards or nameplates) identify a piece of equipment’s manufacturer, serial/model number, date of manufacture, load rating, electrical specifications, operating/maintenance instructions and other required data.
MPC’s rating plates and serial plates feature static and variable copy/data, machine-readable barcodes (any symbology), and watermarks or other anti-counterfeit features.
Typically constructed of Metalphoto® photosensitive anodized aluminum, our rating plates and serial plates are used in applications where permanent product or process identification is critical. Metalphoto’s durability comes from its photographic image which is sealed inside of the anodized aluminum, providing resistance to corrosion, sunlight degradation, abrasion, extreme temperatures and chemical exposure.
Why Choose MPC’s Rating Plates & Serial Plates?
- Retains original appearance even under years of exposure to extreme heat, humidity, UV, salt spray, abrasion, industrial solvents, chemicals and more.
- Photosensitive anodized aluminum face stock seals images beneath a sapphire-hard anodic layer.
- Specified for many military standards and aerospace applications.
- Proclaimed as the most durable aluminum substrate by the National Association of Graphic and Product Identification Manufacturers (GPI).
- Skillfully fabricated in our machine and print shops to your design specifications.
- High-performance adhesives and/or holes for mechanical attachment.
- Crisp high-contrast graphics provide excellent resolution on a black or silver background.
|Material:||Photosensitive anodized aluminum .020” or .032” face stock standard (optional thicknesses .003”, .005”, 008”, .012”, .020”, .032”, .063”, .090”, .125”).|
|Finishes:||Matte – Non-reflective w/flat finish; Satin – Lustrous semi-reflective material; #4 – Brushed to resemble a stainless steel finish; Gloss – Highly reflective, mirror-like. Note: #4 starts at .032" thickness; Gloss is available in .020" only.|
|Attachment:||Permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive and/or holes for mechanical attachment.|
|Copy/Graphics:||Many fonts and design elements are available, as well as your company logo.|
|Colors:||Black graphics on silver background or silver graphics on black background; color options available. Note: Colors other than black possess limited UV resistance.|
|Standard Sizes:||Standard and custom sizes up to 24” x 40”.|
|Shipment:||15 working days from receipt of order and approval of artwork. Expedited shipment is available for an additional charge. Foil thicknesses require 15-20 working days.|