Plastic Overlays for Control Panels and Front Panels
Durable and Cost-Effective Control Panel Overlays
MPC’s plastic front panel overlays are a popular choice for a multitude of machinery and equipment applications that require a durable and lightweight alternative to heavy metal front panel overlays. Our plastic instrument and control panel overlays are ideally suited for heavy and light industrial and electronic applications, serving both a decorative and functional role in the machine-user interface.
Why Choose MPC’s Plastic Overlays?
- A durable, lightweight, and cost-effective alternative to metal.
- Resists machine and tool impacts, and will not shrink or stretch with temperature changes.
- Provides moderate resistance to abrasion, chemicals, stains and extreme temperatures.
- Printing via spot-color or full-color imaging using digital or screen-printing processes.
- Embellishment with dead front images, white front images, transparent windows, and selective printed textures, providing the widest range of graphic expression.
- MPC’s advanced fabrication capabilities reduce your lead time and costly tooling charges.
Contact us today for help with your application.
Plastic Control Panel and Front Panel Overlay Choices
High tensile strength makes it ideally suited for printing and die-cutting. Designed to be applied to a support panel of a piece of equipment or used to protect a membrane switch assembly.
- Ideal for front panel overlays because of its chemical and abrasion resistance, and resistance to tears. Expected exterior life of up to seven years.
- Used in two-part panel construction as an overlay to a supportive back panel or to cover a membrane switch application. Graphics are screen or digitally printed on the second surface.
- Frequently found on industrial controls, medical equipment, commercial and household appliances as well as other electronics.
- More durable than polycarbonate in certain applications and less expensive for higher volumes.
High mechanical strength and superior optical clarity, used often in industrial controls, medical equipment, commercial and household appliances as well as other electronics.
- High impact strength and resistance to stains, heat, abrasion and corrosive chemicals. Expected exterior life of up to five years.
- Designed to be applied to a support panel of a piece of equipment or used to protect a membrane switch assembly.
- Best suited for applications with minimum or no flex requirements. Graphics are screen or digitally printed on the second surface.
- Known for high light transmission and low haze values.
High pliability allows the overlay to conform to curved and irregular surfaces.
- High receptivity to pigment- and dye-based inks.
- Lacks dimensional stability and heat resistance, but ideal for a narrow range of light-duty applications.
- Expected exterior life is up to five years.