Custom Graphic Overlays: Control Panel and Front Panel Overlays
Durable Metal , Vinyl or Polyester Control Panel Overlays That Will Last the Life of Your Part
MPC's custom graphic overlays are durable enough to remain readable even under the harshest conditions, including outdoor and UV exposure, extreme temperatures, chemical exposure and cleaning processes. Our metal overlays and plastic overlays are ideally suited for heavy- and light-duty industrial and electronic applications, serving both a decorative and functional role in the machine-user interface.
MPC manufacturers control and instrument panel overlays that meet many Department of Defense and aerospace specifications, as well as many other industry standards.
A durable control panel overlay that will last the life of the part at a competitive price – that's our guarantee.
Why Choose MPC's Control Panel Overlays?
- Typically produced from thin-gauge aluminum (.012" to .032") or plastic (.005" to .020").
- Printing options include highly durable Metalphoto® process, vibrant screen-printed anodized colors, and conventional screen-printed epoxy or enamel inks. Available in spot- or full-color using digital or screen-printing processes.
- Applied over a supporting back panel, or on top of a mechanical or flexible membrane switch assembly for instructional, safety, or other useful information to the equipment operator.
- Our advanced fabrication capabilities reduce lead time and costly tooling charges.
- May be formed or bent with fabricated openings to house gauges, switches and dials, mechanical fasteners or adhesive, and more.
- MPC's advanced fabrication capabilities reduce your lead time and costly tooling charges.
- Embellish with dead front images, white front images, transparent windows or selective printed textures.
Contact us today for help with your application.
MPC Front Panel Overlays
Graphic Overlay Choices for Control Panels
Our most durable and popular material, the preferred choice for any environment requiring extreme durability. Typically applied to a supportive back panel.
- High-resolution graphics are sealed beneath a sapphire-hard anodic layer, with superior resistance to chemicals, abrasion and solvents.
- Built to withstand exterior exposure in harsh environments such as extreme cold, heat and UV. Expected exterior life of 20+ years. Color options have limited UV resistance.
- Most cost-effective for small to medium volumes.
An ideal choice for use in aircraft/aeronautical, automotive, marine and military industries, with an anodized surface with built-in protective finish. Typically applied to a supportive back panel.
- More durable than regular aluminum, with excellent abrasion and corrosion resistance, high resistance to chemicals and solvents, and moderate outdoor durability.
- Most economical in higher-volume applications.
- Graphics are screen printed and sealed beneath the anodic layer. Black graphics possess the greatest durability, with expected exterior life up to 10 years. Color options have limited UV resistance.
High tensile strength makes it ideally suited for printing and die-cutting. Designed to be applied to a support panel of a piece of equipment or used to protect a membrane switch assembly.
- Ideal for graphic panel overlays because of its chemical and abrasion resistance, and resistance to tears. Expected exterior life of up to seven years.
- Used in two-part panel construction as an overlay to a supportive back panel or to cover a membrane switch application. Graphics are screen or digitally printed on the second surface.
- Frequently found on industrial controls, medical equipment, commercial and household appliances as well as other electronics.
- More durable than polycarbonate in certain applications and less expensive for higher volumes.
High mechanical strength and superior optical clarity, used often in industrial controls, medical equipment, commercial and household appliances as well as other electronics.
- High impact strength and resistance to stains, heat, abrasion and corrosive chemicals. Expected exterior life of up to five years.
- Designed to be applied to a support panel of a piece of equipment or used to protect a membrane switch assembly.
- Best suited for applications with minimum or no flex requirements. Graphics are screen or digitally printed on the second surface.
- Known for high light transmission and low haze values.
High pliability allows the overlay to conform to curved and irregular surfaces.
- High receptivity to pigment- and dye-based inks.
- Lacks dimensional stability and heat resistance, but ideal for a narrow range of light-duty applications.
- Expected exterior life is up to five years.