Metalphoto® Aluminum Nameplates
Proclaimed the Most Durable Nameplates Available
MPC’s Metalphoto is our most durable and popular solution for aluminum nameplates, with an expected outdoor life span of 20 years or more. The graphics are sealed beneath a sapphire-hard anodic layer, creating an impenetrable surface that is resistant to abrasion, heat and sunlight. Metalphoto is the specified material for many military standards and aerospace applications, and the National Association of Graphic and Product Identification Manufacturers (GPI) Industry Standards and Practices Manual identifies Metalphoto photosensitive anodized aluminum as the most durable printed aluminum substrate available, citing its applicability for extreme environmental conditions and outdoor exposure.
After fabrication, edges and holes of the finished parts are not anodized. A secondary process may be elected for thicknesses of .063″ or greater to anodize, alodine or paint these edges for increased durability and protection.
Why Choose MPC's Metalphoto Nameplates?
- Retains original appearance even under years of exposure to extreme heat, humidity, UV, salt spray, abrasion, industrial solvents, chemicals and more.
- Photosensitive anodized aluminum face stock seals images beneath a sapphire-hard anodic layer.
- Specified for many military standards and aerospace applications.
- Proclaimed as the most durable aluminum substrate by the National Association of Graphic and Product Identification Manufacturers (GPI).
- Skillfully fabricated in our machine and print shops to your design specifications.
- High-performance adhesives and/or holes for mechanical attachment.
- Crisp high-contrast graphics provide excellent resolution on a black or silver background.
|Material:||Anodized aluminum .020" or .032" face stock standard (optional thicknesses .003", .005", 008", .012", .063", .090", .125").|
|Finishes:||Matte (non-reflective w/flat finish), Satin (lustrous semi-reflective material), #4 (brushed to resemble a stainless steel finish), Gloss (highly reflective, mirror-like). Note: #4 starts at .032" thickness; Gloss is available in .020" only. See Metalphoto finishes.|
|Attachment:||Permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive and/or holes for mechanical attachment.|
|Copy/Graphics:||Many fonts and design elements are available, as well as your company logo.|
|Colors:||Black graphics on silver background or silver graphics on black background; color options available. Note: Colors other than black possess limited UV resistance.|
|Standard Sizes:||Standard and custom sizes up to 24" x 40".|
|Shipment:||15 working days from receipt of order and approval of artwork. Expedited shipment is available for an additional charge. Foil thicknesses require 15-20 business days.|