The preferred choice for environments requiring extreme durability.
Metalphoto of Cincinnati offers industrial labels with unmatched durability and graphic capabilities. Our identification products feature durability superior to all other options, including stainless steel in many environments, because it is created using our proprietary Metalphoto® substrate. Metalphoto is photosensitive anodized aluminum, which is a photographic image that is embedded within the sapphire-hard anodic layer of the aluminum providing superior resistance to corrosion, sunlight degradation, abrasion, extreme temperatures and chemical exposure. This combination gives Metalphoto identification products an expected outdoor lifespan of over 20 years.
The National Association of Graphic and Product Identification Manufacturers (GPI) Industry Standards and Practices Manual identifies Metalphoto photosensitive anodized aluminum as the most durable printed aluminum substrate available, and it has been trusted by industry, government and military organizations for over 50 years.
Whether you need a rating plate, instructional label or compliance tag, the Metalphoto photosensitive anodized aluminum is the perfect fit for applications where permanent product identification or process information is critical. Metalphoto’s durability comes from its photographic image, which is sealed inside the anodized aluminum, providing superior resistance to corrosion, sunlight degradation, abrasion, extreme temperatures and chemical exposure.
Why Choose MPC’s Rating Plates & Serial Plates?
- Retains original appearance even under years of exposure to extreme heat, humidity, UV, salt spray, abrasion, industrial solvents, chemicals and more.
- Photosensitive anodized aluminum face stock seals images beneath a sapphire-hard anodic layer.
- Specified for many military standards and aerospace applications.
- Proclaimed as the most durable aluminum substrate by the National Association of Graphic and Product Identification Manufacturers (GPI).
- Skillfully fabricated in our machine and print shops to your design specifications.
- High-performance adhesives and/or holes for mechanical attachment.
- Crisp high-contrast graphics provide excellent resolution on a black or silver background.
|Material:||Photosensitive anodized aluminum .020” or .032” face stock standard (optional thicknesses .003”, .005”, 008”, .012”, .020”, .032”, .063”, .090”, .125”).|
|Finishes:||Matte – Non-reflective w/flat finish; Satin – Lustrous semi-reflective material; #4 – Brushed to resemble a stainless steel finish; Gloss – Highly reflective, mirror-like. Note: #4 starts at .032" thickness; Gloss is available in .020" only.|
|Attachment:||Permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive and/or holes for mechanical attachment.|
|Copy/Graphics:||Many fonts and design elements are available, as well as your company logo.|
|Colors:||Black graphics on silver background or silver graphics on black background; color options available. Note: Colors other than black possess limited UV resistance.|
|Standard Sizes:||Standard and custom sizes up to 24” x 40”.|
|Shipment:||15 working days from receipt of order and approval of artwork. Expedited shipment is available for an additional charge. Foil thicknesses require 15-20 working days.|