Custom Front Panels and Equipment Faceplates
The Permanent Solution for High-Quality Human-Machine Interfaces
MPC’s custom front panels (also referred to as equipment faceplates are constructed of durable Metalphoto® photosensitive anodized aluminum. High-resolution graphics are sealed beneath a sapphire-hard anodic layer, creating an impenetrable surface that is resistant to extreme temperatures, humidity, UV, salt spray, abrasion, industrial solvents, chemicals and more. Our Metalphoto aluminum front panels and custom faceplates retain their original appearance for years, even under the harshest conditions.
Why Choose MPC’s Custom Front Panels and Custom Faceplates?
- Retains original appearance even under years of exposure to extreme heat, humidity, UV, salt spray, abrasion, industrial solvents, chemicals and more.
- Images are sealed beneath a sapphire-hard anodic layer for maximum durability.
- Crisp black and silver graphics are high contrast with excellent resolution.
- Specified for many military standards and aerospace applications.
- Expected exterior life is 20+ years.
- Skillfully fabricated in our machine and print shops to your design specifications.
- After fabrication, edges and holes of the finished parts are not anodized; in panels .063” or thicker, edges can be anodized, alodined or painted for increased durability and protection.
- Ideal for variable information.
|Material:||Photosensitive anodized aluminum .020” or .032” face stock standard (optional thicknesses .003”, .005”, 008”, .012”, .020”, .032”, .063”, .090”, .125”).|
|Finishes:||Matte – Non-reflective w/flat finish; Satin – Lustrous semi-reflective material; #4 – Brushed to resemble a stainless steel finish; Gloss – Highly reflective, mirror-like. Note: Finish options may vary by material thickness.|
|Attachment:||Permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive and/or holes for mechanical attachment.|
|Copy/Graphics:||Many fonts and design elements are available, as well as your company logo.|
|Colors:||Black graphics on silver background or silver graphics on black background; color options available. Note: Colors other than black possess limited UV resistance.|
|Standard Sizes:||Standard and custom sizes up to 24” x 40”.|
|Shipment:||15 working days from receipt of order and approval of artwork. Expedited shipment is available for an additional charge. Foil thicknesses require 15-20 working days.|
Benefits of Custom Face Plates
Designing custom face plates requires you to consider the benefits and limitations of the substrate material used to make them. This choice is critically important for applications that expose equipment to outdoor environments and other harsh conditions. Our custom front panels at MPC are printed on Metalphoto® photosensitive anodized aluminum, which has a number of important advantages over other metals:
- High resolution. When black designs are printed on the standard silver aluminum background, images are especially sharp and of excellent resolution. This can be very important for complex front panel designs or face plates that require small characters. Using Metalphoto® ensures that even the most intricate layout will be captured clearly on the custom panel with excellent readability.
- Durability. Metalphoto® anodized aluminum is the most durable material that we offer for our front panels, and it’s also the most popular. Since the graphics are sealed below a sapphire-hard anodic layer, the surface of the custom face plate is extremely strong. This is perfect for critical applications that require a high level of dependability. These Metalphoto® custom front plates have excellent resistance to extreme temperatures, harsh chemicals, and abrasion. They have an expected lifetime in outdoor environments of over 20 years.
- Customization. Custom front panels fabricated with Metalphoto® are available in a variety of thicknesses to match your application. Designers can also choose from four different custom finishes, additional colors, and a variety of fonts and graphics. These custom panels offer a great balance between aesthetics and dependability. The custom face plates can also be created in sizes up to 24” by 40”, which provides maximum flexibility for creating intricate layouts, ergonomic designs, and custom molded shapes.
Common Uses for Custom Front Panels and Equipment Faceplates
Custom front panels are used in a number of industries to create durable, user-friendly user interfaces on equipment and machinery. Operators often turn to Metalphoto® for custom components that are used in especially demanding applications such as those found in the offshore drilling, aerospace, and defense sectors:
- Aerospace and military equipment. The Aerospace and Defense industries operate some of the most sensitive equipment under extremely harsh conditions. To ensure the safety of operators and the public, there are numerous national and international regulations that govern the use of equipment in these industries. Metalphoto® is one of the few materials that are specified as suitable for a broad range of these aerospace and defense applications.
- Precision machinery for heavy industry. The front panels and face plates used on machinery must be at least as durable as the equipment itself in order to withstand the wear caused by the environment, impact, and general use. Custom front panels fabricated with Metalphoto® are often chosen for heavy industry due to their ability to remain readable after years, even decades, of demanding use.
- Electronic interfaces. A front panel not only provides information to operators but also acts as another barrier to protect the underlying equipment. For electronic devices that will be used outdoors or in other demanding situations, manufacturers and operators often rely on custom face plates built with Metalphoto®.
No minimum quantity. Get a quote for any size job.
Get a quote for any size job – we have no minimum piece requirement. Our minimum production run is $400 per part number, excluding set-up fees/tooling. Contact us regarding your project.