Brass Valve Tags
Ideal For Marking Pipes & Valves in Harsh Environments
MPC’s brass valve tags are a popular choice for labeling pipes and valves in industrial and facility applications, where they can withstand high temperatures and other harsh environmental conditions. Brass valve tags can be polished to create a mirror-like appearance or given a slightly brushed, satin finish. A robust, malleable metal with excellent resistance to saltwater, corrosion, chemicals and solvents, tarnish, and extreme temperatures, brass valve tags are suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications. Because it won’t generate sparks, brass is also an ideal metal for use in areas where explosive elements are present.
Brass valve tags can be screen printed or chemically etched with graphics and copy, either with or without a color fill. Color graphics are not recommended for long-term outdoor applications as they have limited UV resistance, resulting in gradual degradation over long periods of exposure to sunlight.
Why Choose MPC's Brass Valve Tags?
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- Skillfully fabricated in our machine and print shops to your design specifications.
- Excellent resistance to saltwater, corrosion, tarnish, chemicals, solvents and extreme temperatures.
- Attachment options include high-performance adhesives and/or holes for mechanical attachment.
|Material:||Brass face stock (thicknesses from .014" to .062").|
|Finishes:||Polished (mirror-like finish) or Satin (brushed finish).|
|Attachment:||Permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive and/or holes for mechanical attachment.|
|Copy/Graphics:||Many fonts and design elements are available, as well as your company logo.|
|Colors:||Color options available. Note: Colors have limited UV resistance. Not recommended for long-term outdoor use.|
|Standard Sizes:||Standard and custom sizes are available.|
|Shipment:||20-25 working days from receipt of order and approval of artwork. Expedited shipment is available for an additional charge.|
Benefits of Brass Valve Tags
Brass valve tags are used to provide fast and reliable on-site identification of pipes and valves in facilities and industrial settings. Brass is an ideal substrate for valve tags due to its ability to withstand extreme temperatures and other harsh conditions common in these applications. Additionally, many customers appreciate the clean and professional look of brass valve tags. Here are a few of the benefits of brass valve tags:
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor applications. Brass valve tags are suitable for use in both indoor and outdoor applications thanks to their resistance to saltwater, corrosion, and tarnish. For applications requiring maximum strength, Metalphoto® valve tags may be a more suitable option.
- Durable to withstand harsh environments. In facilities and industrial applications, valve tags are exposed to a variety of harsh environmental conditions such as chemicals and solvents and extreme hot and cold temperatures. Brass is capable of withstanding these conditions, remaining readable over time.
Common Uses for Brass Valve Tags
Brass valve tags are versatile and can be found in many facilities, as well as commercial and industrial applications.
Brass is often selected as a valve tag substrate when customers want valve tags to be noticeable and strong enough to last for many years. The unique characteristics of brass valve tags make them suitable for the following applications:
- Applications in which explosive elements are present. Brass is ideal for marking pipes and valves in applications in which explosive elements are present. Because brass is a low-friction metal that does not generate sparks, it provides a safe substrate material for use in these types of applications.
- Mining and other industries requiring non-ferrous metals. Brass is a non-ferrous metal, so it’s often a desirable substrate for marking pipes and valves in the mining industry and other applications in which non-magnetic metals are needed for safety.
- Industries that deal with water, chemicals, or other liquids. Brass offers good resistance to corrosion and water. Coupled with its low-friction property, these characteristics make brass an ideal substrate for valve tags in applications that may expose the tag to water or other liquids, such as plumbing applications.
- Safety & regulatory compliance applications. Companies in many industries must comply with regulations and safety standards for tagging valves and marking pipes. Due to its good resistance to harsh conditions, brass makes a suitable choice.