A Low-Cost Option for Mild or Light Industrial Operations
MPC’s Vinyl Overlays deliver the best pliability among plastic overlay options, easily conforming to curved or irregular surfaces. Vinyl overlays may be suitable for a distinct narrow range of applications in mild environments and are generally more affordable than polyester and polycarbonate overlays.
Vinyl overlays are applied directly to a piece of equipment, or are used as the front panel of a two-part panel construction. Utilizing advanced fabrication capabilities in our machine and print shops, copy and graphics are digitally or screen-printed on vinyl face stock up to .004″ thickness with a permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive, then cut to dimensions. The overlay is then assembled to an identically fabricated thicker supporting aluminum or stainless steel back panel.
Please note that vinyl can tear, and can creep or shrink away from edges because of its lack of dimensional stability and lower tolerance to heat. Please contact your sales representative for more information.
Why Choose MPC's Vinyl Overlays?
- Superior pliability, allowing the overlay to easily conform to curved and irregular surfaces.
- Offers moderate resistance to abrasion, weather, chemicals and moisture.
- More economical than other plastic label options, such as polyester or polycarbonate.
- Optional coating can increase durability.
- Expected exterior life of up to five years. Colors are less UV resistant, and are not recommended for long-term outdoor applications.
|Material:||Vinyl face stock up to .004" thickness.|
|Fabrication:||Advanced digital die-cutting avoids costly tooling charges.|
|Attachment:||Permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive.|
|Copy/Graphics:||Many fonts and design elements are available, as well as your company logo.|
|Colors:||Color options available. Note: Colors have limited UV resistance. Not recommended for long-term outdoor use.|
|Standard Sizes:||Standard and custom sizes.|
|Standard Sizes:||15 working days from receipt of order and approval of artwork. Expedited shipment is available for an additional charge.|