High Mechanical Strength and Superior Optical Clarity
MPC’s Polycarbonate Overlays are a popular choice for applications requiring high mechanical strength and superior optical clarity. They are easily die-cut and offer dimensional stability with resistance to corrosive chemicals, stains, heat and abrasion. Its heavier thickness provides excellent impact resistance, and optional finishes may be added for increased durability.
Polycarbonate overlays can be used as the front panel of a one-part panel overlay or two-part panel construction, and are frequently used to protect and graphically enhance membrane switch assemblies. Our polycarbonate overlays are constructed of a polycarbonate face stock up to .030″ thickness with graphic elements, fabricated to your panel design. For a two-part panel construction, the polycarbonate overlay is assembled to an identically fabricated thicker supporting aluminum or stainless steel back panel.
Why Choose MPC's Polycarbonate Overlays?
- High light transmission and low haze values. Able to host clear windows.
- High impact resistance plus resistance to chemicals, heat and flames.
- Expected exterior life of up to five years. Color graphics have limited UV resistance and will gradually degrade in long-term sunlight exposure. Not recommended for long-term outdoor use.
- Graphics are digitally or screen-printed on the second surface for maximum durability.
- High-performance adhesives and/or holes for mechanical attachment.
- Precision fabrication in our machine and print shops to your design specifications.
|Material:||Polycarbonate face stock up to .030" thickness.|
|Finishes:||Polycarbonate face stock up to .030" thickness.|
|Fabrication:||Advanced digital die-cutting avoids costly tooling charges.|
|Attachment:||Permanent pressure-sensitive adhesives (including selectively die-cut adhesives), and/or holes for mechanical attachment.|
|Copy/Graphics:||Many fonts and design elements are available, as well as your company logo.|
|Colors:||Color options available. Note: Colors have limited UV resistance. Not recommended for long-term outdoor use.|
|Standard Sizes:||Standard and custom sizes.|
|Shipment:||15 working days from receipt of order and approval of artwork. Expedited shipment is available for an additional charge.|