Metal Front Panel Overlays
Control Panel Overlays for Rugged Environments
MPC's metal front panel overlays are the preferred choice for outdoor and heavy-duty applications that require exceptional durability. Our metal control panel and instrument panel overlays meet many Department of Defense and aerospace specifications, as well as other industry standards for agriculture, construction, food service, manufacturing, marine, military, transportation, utilities/energy, and more.
Our metal overlays are designed for attachment to equipment fronts and are typically produced from thin-gauge aluminum (.012" to .032"). They may be formed or bent with fabricated openings to house gauges, switches and dials; fitted with mechanical fasteners or adhesive, and more.
Why Choose MPC's Metal Front Panel Overlays?
- Exceptional resistance to weather, UV, extreme temperatures, chemicals, abrasion and corrosion, remaining readable for the life of your part with little maintenance.
- Provide graphical labeling and durable mounting for switches, gauges and other control devices, while protecting underlying electronic components.
- Advanced fabrication reduces your lead time and costly tooling charges, while delivering a metal panel overlay to your exact specifications.
- Printing options include our highly durable Metalphoto® process, vibrant screen-printed anodized colors, and conventional screen-printed epoxy or enamel inks.
Contact us today for help with your application.
Metal Overlays for Any Application
Our most durable and popular material, the preferred choice for any environment requiring extreme durability. Typically applied to a supportive back panel.
- High-resolution graphics are sealed beneath a sapphire-hard anodic layer, with superior resistance to chemicals, abrasion and solvents.
- Built to withstand exterior exposure in harsh environments such as extreme cold, heat and UV. Expected exterior life of 20+ years. Color options have limited UV resistance.
- Most cost-effective for small to medium volumes.
An ideal choice for use in aircraft/aeronautical, automotive, marine and military industries, with an anodized surface with built-in protective finish. Typically applied to a supportive back panel.
- More durable than regular aluminum, with excellent abrasion and corrosion resistance, high resistance to chemicals and solvents, and moderate outdoor durability.
- Most economical in higher-volume applications.
- Graphics are screen printed and sealed beneath the anodic layer. Black graphics possess the greatest durability, with expected exterior life up to 10 years. Color options have limited UV resistance.