Custom Metal Decals
Designed to Last the Life of Your Product
MPC’s custom metal decals can be customized to contain any information your application requires, including anything from bold text to logos, variable barcoded data, and detailed schematics.
Our metal decals are typically constructed of Metalphoto® photosensitive anodized aluminum, making them ideal for applications requiring permanent product identification or other operating or process information. Metalphoto metal decals are manufactured with the image sealed inside the anodized aluminum, providing excellent resistance to sunlight degradation, corrosion, abrasion, extreme temperatures, and chemicals and solvents.
Our metal decals can be attached with a high-performance pressure-sensitive 3M adhesive that bonds permanently with metal, wood, plastic, or other surfaces. Alternatively, non-adhesive, mechanical attachment methods are available. Our engineers will help you select the best materials, attachment options, and other design elements to meet your unique application specifications.
Why Choose MPC’s Custom Metal Decals?
- Customized to the size, shape, thickness and information you need.
- Provides superior resistance to chemicals, abrasion, solvents, extreme temperatures and UV.
- Expected exterior life of 20+ years. Color options are less resistant to UV.
- Silver-colored face stock is high-contrast and easy to read.
- High-performance adhesive and/or holes for mechanical attachment.
- Available with constant or variable data.
|Material:||Photosensitive anodized aluminum face stock (optional thicknesses .003”, .005”, .008”, .012”, .020”, .032”, .063”, .090”, .125”).|
|Finishes:||Matte – Non-reflective w/flat finish; Satin – Lustrous semi-reflective material; #4 – Brushed to resemble a stainless steel finish; Gloss – Highly reflective, mirror-like. Note: Finish options may vary by material thickness.|
|Attachment:||Permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive and/or holes for mechanical attachment.|
|Copy/Graphics:||Many fonts and design elements are available, as well as your company logo.|
|Colors:||Black graphics on silver background or silver graphics on black background; color options available. Note: Colors other than black possess limited UV resistance.|
|Standard Sizes:||Standard and custom sizes.|
|Shipment:||15 working days from receipt of order and approval of artwork. Expedited shipment is available for an additional charge. Foil thicknesses require 15-20 working days.|
Benefits of Metal Decals
MPC’s metal decals are customized to meet the needs of your application with whatever information your decals require, from your company name and logo to barcodes, serial numbers, safety information, and more. Here are a few of the benefits of choosing custom metal decals from MPC.
- High-quality materials. MPC’s metal decals are typically constructed of Metalphoto® photosensitive anodized aluminum, offering the durability required to withstand the operating conditions in harsh environments. When you require permanent product or process identification, Metalphoto is often the material of choice. Choose from mechanical attachment or a high-performance pressure-sensitive 3M adhesive that adheres to metal, wood, plastic, or any surface material.
- Excellent durability. With the image sealed inside of the anodized aluminum, Metalphoto custom metal decals offer excellent durability to remain readable throughout the lifespan of your assets. Metalphoto metal decals offer excellent resistance to corrosion, sunlight degradation, abrasion, extreme temperatures, and chemical exposure, making them suitable for a wide range of both indoor and outdoor applications. The expected exterior life of Metalphoto decals is 20+ years. (Note that color options are less resistant to UV exposure.)
- Expert guidance. Our engineers will help you determine the best substrate, materials, and processes that will meet your needs. The result is a completely customized metal decal designed to your application’s requirements that will last the lifetime of your assets.
Common Use Cases for Metal Decals
Metal decals have a wide variety of use cases, from metal decals printed with your company name and logo to identify manufactured equipment to detailed safety decals that include equipment operating instructions or vital safety information. Here are just a few of the many use cases for custom metal labels.
- Property identification. Metal decals printed with a company’s name and logo are often used to convey ownership in assets or to identify the company that manufactured a product, particularly in the case of equipment or other assets that may be exposed to chemicals, solvents, abrasion, UV, or other conditions.
- Communicating essential operating instructions. Equipment often has specific operating requirements, and in many cases, regulations mandate that equipment is clearly labeled with certain information to ensure safe operation. Custom metal decals ensure that this information remains readable throughout the lifespan of your assets.
- Communicating safety information. It’s also necessary to make safety information clearly and reliably available and readable to equipment operators or staff or members of the public who may enter areas where safety hazards exist. Metal decals constructed of Metalphoto photosensitive anodized aluminum have an expected exterior lifespan of more than 20 years, ensuring that essential safety warnings are clearly communicated and readable.
- Meeting regulatory requirements. Some assets, such as trailers, must be permanently labeled with required information such as the GVWR, GAWR, or GCWR. Metalphoto metal decals are the material of choice for these applications and aid in maintaining compliance by ensuring that barcodes and other information remain readable even after exposure to harsh chemicals or solvents, UV, extreme temperatures, and other conditions.