Learn All The Considerations Important to Selecting Proper Identification for Critical Rail Assets
Nameplates, labels, tags, and other identification is critical to the tracking and management of rail and transportation components, euipment, and systems. However, assets in these industries are frequently subjected to extremely harsh outdoor operating environments. How can you be sure your identification will remain attached and readable through the life of your assets?
At the American Railway Engineering and Maintenance=of-Way Association (AREMA) 2023 Annual Conference, MPC presented a talk that provded a comprehensive review of all the considerations important to selecting the proper material for critical rail assets. This includes:
- Challenges specific to the operating conditions of the equipment and or components
- The impact of environment including climate and weather when exposure to harsh or extreme outdoor conditions is common
- A review of the various attachment methods available and the decision criteria for selecting the proper attachment method
- The importance of good documentation and the resulting performance and economic benefits to be realized
- A comparison of new materials and new technologies available for identification products in the market today
Download the PDF of the presentation now and learn how to ensure that your rail component, equipment, and system identification will last the lifecycle of your assets.
Request a Free Railroad ID and Tracking Tag Evaluation Kit
Request a free evaluation kit today and we will send you a sample kit to test our durable identification products in your own operating environment.
Exceptionally Durable Nameplates for Transportation Asset Identification
See how A leading manufacturer of tractor trailers and shipping containers found that nameplates made of Metalphoto photosensitive anodized aluminum have greater durability and legibility than etched stainless steel at a fraction of the price.
Quality Vehicle Plate
Have had ongoing vehicle plate project with MPC for many years. They are able to process the order expeditiously and produce quality product and ship to client.
Made To Specs and Made To Last
We never have to reject or return items any of the nameplates we have ordered from MPC. The nameplates are made to specs and made to last.
Uncover Everything There is to Know About Transportation Asset Identification
Explore our case studies, blog, buyer’s guides, specification sheets and more — and learn more about the complexities of identifying your assets.